PE with Joe Wicks is on daily on his You Tube channel. There are links to Joe Wicks' workouts for children, in the list below.
During the lockdown it is more important than ever for young people to keep fit and active. The Uttlesford School Sports Partnership (USSP) which we subscribe to with our Sport Premium funding, would like to provide you with some challenges and resources for you to try at home.
- All young people should aim to be physically active for 60 minutes each day.
- Print off these sheets and keep a log or how active you have been.
- We would encourage you to do as many of these activities in your gardens, benefiting from the fresh air, as possible.
- Please ensure you have enough room to do these activities and perform them in a safe manner.
Click on the file at the bottom of this page for the resources.
Get Set 4 PE
We work with this wonderful organisation and they have provided a plethora of activities which can be accessed by clicking on the following link:
In addition, h
Sport England – stay active at home
You tube – Cosmic Yoga
Joe Wicks and Alfie – 8 minute workouts ( once on this page there are a lot more exercises with other children involved)
Joe Wicks 5 minute exercises on You Tube
NHS – 10 minute shake ups
Joe Wicks – kids work out
NHS 10 minute cardio workout
Yoga at School
Michael Chissick from Yoga at School has created yoga video lessons that children (with Autism and without) can practise at home during the Coronavirus Lockdown.
Here is the link: https://bit.ly/2XS0EVV
The lessons are simply structured, easy to follow and to teach, as well as safe, highly engaging and great fun. Michael has been teaching yoga in SEN & Mainstream Schools for almost 25 years and has developed these methods over that time.
Although he created the videos for children who are on the Autism Spectrum, they are also ideal for neurotypical children from EYFS, Reception and Years 1 & 2.
The lessons consist of THREE short animated videos, which you can download from Michael's website at the link shown, and use when it best suits the children. So no Zoom, no streaming problems; no privacy worries.
DfE PE Resources
Mr Gonzales has prepared a number of sports challenges for children to do at home. Please click on the links to open the challenges at the bottom of this page. You will find:
- Years 1 and 2 Cricket Challenge
- Year 3 Cricket Challenge
- Years 1 and 2 British Sporting Athletes (Katarina Johnson Thompson)
- Year 3 British Sporting Athletes (Katarina Johnson Thompson)
- KS1 Daily Challenges
- Year 3 Daily Challenges
- 14 Day Challenge KS1
- 14 Day Challenge Year 3
- USSP Activity at Home Challenges21st Mar 2020
- Years 1 and 2 Cricket Challenge12th May 2020
- Year 3 British Sporting Athletes12th May 2020
- Years 1 and 2 British Sporting Athletes12th May 2020
- Year 3 Cricket Challenge12th May 2020
- KS1 Daily Physical Challenges26th May 2020
- Year 3 Daily Physical Challenges26th May 2020
- 14 day challenge Year 327th May 2020
- 14 day challenge KS127th May 2020